Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sojourners Magazine - Liberal Bias




I receive regular emails from Sojourners and even considered getting a subscription to try and gain perspective of what some others may be saying in the evangelical Christian faith.  You see I’m a member and studying to become a pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and though conservative to many at seminary in the whole spectrum of things I see myself as quite a moderate.  I am not a fundamentalist, although I don’t thing that fundamentalists are all that bad, I just don’t agree with everything that they believe.  I guess, for the most part, I find that my theology is pretty Lutheran, but I am first and foremost a Christian.

Well, what prompted me is the article in the most recent emailing by David Batstone entitled “Frist, Rove, DeLay: Who's looking the other way?”  The article is so politically laced to show the true agenda of this group is to be another political voice that aligns itself with the liberal left and is not truly unbiased as it would appear when it compares a man in the midst of an adulterous affair with men such as Frist, Rove, and Delay who could arguably be victims of a witch hunt by the same people who lauded an agenda of “Anybody But Bush” instead of trying to raise up a viable candidate.  Our country is so divided with one side vehemently against anything conservative that when they speak of conservative ideals they make it equivalent to evil.  It saddens me how our country is so divided.  I get angry at some of the things pushed by the left also and am guilty of making broad judgments, but I have never and will never call someone evil for espousing an opinion I don’t agree with and most certainly don’t believe in a policy of “Anyone, but So and So”.

I still recall the last presidential election being given the bird by anti-Bush people because I was supporting President Bush.  I still support our president.  I didn’t agree with President Clinton, but still held respect for the office in which he held.  Jim Wallis and the Sojourners Magazine continues to prove to me how completely unaware they are of their bias.

No comments: