Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Refocus

I’m in a thought and feeling that I should return to the intent that I had when I started this blog to discuss my own theological journey in faith.  The reality is that all these rants and feelings of political issues just anger me and distract me from the true reality that is the greatness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I guess that is just the major issue within the world today is we are so easily sidetracked; the Devil is a tricky one.  Thinking on this it is no wonder that those that are outside of Christ look at Christians and think that it’s just another crazy religion.   We become sidetracked on issues and lose focus on the one true thing.  We lose sight of the one thing that should be driving us and that is Jesus Christ!

I have three other blogs that I am involved with – my devotional blog, the discussion with my atheist acquaintance the 502 which has been fun thusfar, and another that is more geared for the church I am serving at currently – ucbones icanarmy blog.  I have been distracted in my true intent of Northern Born Southerner.  The reality is that I have been on a protracted journey in Christ.  I have lived fully in the brokenness that is outside of Christ and did not want anything to do with this Jesus Christ.  I’ve lived in the reality of a broken home, associated with the dregs the spat upon and looked down upon and loved them for their honest loyalty to friends.

I recall when I was 18 and 19 a friend of mine in Grand Forks.  She was called ‘little Sis’, but she was not little, but she was like everyone’s sister in the group that I hung with.  I loved her because she was real and she was real loyal.  She was my friend and I was hers.  She didn’t like herself all that much and thought of herself as a bitch and even tattooed that on her hand.  Now she was tough and I would admit she wasn’t someone that any would want to be on her wrong side, but to me she was a wonderful young woman.  I remember the last time I saw her we wept together because her cousin had just been killed in a wreck or something.  Honestly it’s been over ten years since I thought of her, but recently she’s been on my mind.  I don’t know that I will ever be able to find her now; I don’t even know her real name because that wasn’t important at the time for me.  I only pray that God is working in her heart and she knows Jesus Christ in her life.  As I look at my journey my heart is lead to look at those that are the unwanted in most segments of society and truly show them that the have value to me, but most importantly to Jesus Christ.  It’s sad to think that many of the friends that I once associated with may no longer be with us.  The fragility of life, hmm…

No comments: