Monday, October 24, 2005

Lord light a fire

A generation full of fire for the Lord is something that I dream of!  We are living in an age constantly confronted with the question of truth.  The most common secular response is, “Truth is relative.”  We live in a time full of two extremes in the Christian world, either we have the “in your face” Christians screaming out and damning everyone that may have a differing view to Hell or you have the Christian that goes to church, but in their day to day life they don’t really show much in the matter of faith.  I know that this is largely a generalization, but I don’t believe that it is that far fetched.  I remember living in Oklahoma.  Living in the Tulsa area which is home to Oral Roberts University and the Oral Roberts Ministry beginnings and Rhema Bible School and Kenneth Haggin Ministries so when I moved there and wasn’t Christian I was confronted by that everyday.  What I found was a witness that continually condemning and a “haves” and “have nots” theology – I have been saved, you have not!  This is not the servant mindedness to which Christ calls us to.  The greatest witness that I had was given to me in the love of my future wife and her mother.  We are not called by God to point our fingers, but to use our fingers in the service of others!  To give the Truth and show that it is not relative, but living it in our lives and showing the difference of Christ over and above all others because no other faith has such a Gospel of hope!  All other faiths are contingent upon what you do to please God, but Christianity is a faith of what has been done for us by God because of the love that He holds for us, a love that burns so deep that He gave His one and only Son and entered into creation, imagine the creator becoming one with His creation.  What an awesome miracle!  We need to reflect that in our lives with a sense of happiness, love, and courtesy.  We live in a society that centers on self, but as Christians we are to center ourselves on Jesus and in that we find our focus is placed on helping the other to the glory of Jesus.  Lord light a fire in our hearts!

No comments: